Welcome to our web site!
Canadian Independent College continues to be organized around a quad semester system with entry points in: September, January, April, and July. By the end of grade 10, students will have completed 16 of 18 compulsory courses required by the Ministry of Education for graduation purposes. These courses are taught at a level that will enable students to complete OSSD standards.
By the end of the Grade 12 year, students will have been able to complete the 30 credits required. Coupled with the completion of 40 hours of community involvement and successfully passing the required Ontario Secondary School Literacy test, students will be qualified for the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) awarded by the Ontario Ministry of Education. Students who have completed an OSSD with at least six (6) acceptable prerequisite credits at the 4U/4M (Pre – University) are eligible for direct admission to universities or colleges worldwide.
The Pre-University program at Canadian Independent College is an excellent and cost effective program for international students seeking university and college placements outside of their country of origin. In order to prepare our students for their post secondary studies, we have integrated an online learning platform into our program. Students LOVE it! As an internet and traditional academic school we find purpose, passion, and meaning educating young minds.
Pre-University programs are essential for most international students. Our intense transition year experience allows students to adapt to a more comprehensive style of learning while living in a disciplined and nurturing environment. That is why we have a 100% post secondary placement record.
AP helps students gain an edge in university preparation:
- Get a head start on exactly the same material you will confront in University.
- Improve your writing skills and sharpen your problem-solving techniques.
- Develop the study habits necessary for tacking rigorous course work.
The focus for our Activity Programme will be directed towards activities that can be of lifelong value for our students. Leadership of self and others will be encouraged in all Programmes.
Each student’s timetable has a set recreational time slot each day in addition to the mandatory physical education class. Each student will be required to pursue at least one activity per term.
Why Choose Us
- We encourage our students to explore the world from a variety of perspectives.
- We foster responsible reasoning and logical thinking.
- We teach our students how to analyze data in depth without compromising academic standards.
- We explore each subject to the core using primary data and sources.
- We utilize the most current technology to enhance creative thinking.
- We provide ‘Hands on’ experience, shifting from abstract to practical applications.